5 reasons to have a fall detector for family members who are falling
3rd March 2020
Categories: Latest News
A falls detector may be a wise choice for elderly relatives, including your Mum and Dad, who are prone to falling.
Falling is the most common cause of admission to hospital for the over 65s, with 1 in 3 people in this age bracket falling each year – in fact, if you are over 80, there is a 50% chance you will have a fall this year and if you have already suffered a fall, you are very likely to experience another fall again this year.
CarelineSOS also offer’s fall detectors, if you or a loved one is prone to falling or are unsteady on your feet, we offer a Fall Detector which will self-activate should a fall take place, here are 5 reasons to purchase one..
5 reasons to have a fall detector:
- A – Access to response and help – No more worrying your relative I slaying on the floor without access to help.
- B – Prevent unnecessary visits to hospital – Falling is the most common cause of admission to hospital.
- C – remain living independently longer – delaying the need for a potential move into residential care.
- D – peace of mind for yourself and family – If you lead a busy life and are not always available to visit your relative, the detector provides reassurance.
- E – alert for family and keyholders – CarelineSOS will contact you if you and any other assigned keyholders if an alert is made. If you are not available the emergency services will be called for.